Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tot school report / Totyogó iskolás visszatekintés

I just received this remark from a close friend of mine saying, '... I don't recall you teaching him soo intensly as you set out to teach Karina?'

Well, I did plan to teach Barni as hard as I taught Karina, but he is just different. Very different.
As soon as he was 6 weeks old, I started teaching him according to Glenn Doman's method. We used flaschards for reading English and Hungarian, and we did the dots for Maths. I also taught Italian to him, took him to German and Russian lessons, he also had a few French lessons (but it did not work for the teacher, so we stopped going). We also watched a baby-program in Chineese.
When he turned 1, we had to stop with all these. For a year or so he wanted to do nothing with flaschards or powerpoints, he just wanted to watch documentaries and movies of tractors. Tractors, tractors, tractors...  He is almost two now, and he seems ready to pick up learning again. He is talking a lot, though still not whole words, but we understand quite a lot. He is talking on both languages - which is awsome! He understands both, too. So I still have my hopes regarding him. And I will try to teach him again, for he seems willing now...

Watching Tractor Ted with daddy for the uptenth time...
 Érjétek be az angollal most...

No comments:

Post a Comment